Whether you plan on selling your house yourself or hiring a real estate agent, it’s important to keep your house looking it’s best to sell it quickly. Here are a few quick tips on how to do just that.
- Clean up: This one may seem obvious, but it’s harder to maintain than you think. You need to get in the habit of putting things back after you use them. If you leave glasses out or laundry on the couch, that’s all people will notice.
- Throw All Your Trash Into One Trash Bin: When cleaning up your clutter, you need to take out the trash or, better yet, stop using the little trash cans you keep in the bathroom and bedrooms. These are often the bins we throw our dirty tissues and q-tips in. These are also the trash bins that get forgotten in the last quick clean up before showing the house. To keep buyers from seeing these items, start throwing all your trash into one bin, that way you only have one to empty.
- Make Your Home a Blank Canvas: This means removing any photos of your grandkids or kids and taking down the turkey hand your granddaughter drew from the fridge. Just like you are looking for a fresh start and new place, so are the people viewing your home. You need to clear out those things so whoever is viewing the home can picture themselves in it.
- Remove Personal Items You Don’t Want Anyone to See: People are going to be walking through your house and rummaging your draws and desks. This is the time to start clearing out anything you don’t want anyone to see. View this as a packing up, because if you follow these tips it won’t be long before you are moving out.
- Display your storage space: So you’ve removed personal items and cleaned up all the clutter, but you still have items you need to store. Often you don’t need to move these items out of the house. Instead, use it as a selling point for buyers. People love to see the amount of space in a house; use that to your advantage.
- Prep Your House: When you’re trying to sell your house, you need your house to be ready for staging. Lighting, music, room temperature, all contribute to the final product. Real estate agents may not come in enough time to prep the room to perfection. Remember, you want your house to sell as quickly as possible. In order to make it happen, it needs to be seen from all of it’s best angles.
- Maintain or Fix Up the Lawn: The outside of your house is just as important as the inside. If you plan on selling, invest in some landscaping. Keep in mind that this is the first impression buyers are going to get from your home, so it needs to be good.
Stress is one of the largest concerns when selling a home. Staging, managing finances and documents, and simultaneously juggling the rest of your life can be completely draining. However, one thing is certain about selling your home: it’s a lot easier when you have a solid real estate agent to handle it. Remember, No-One Works Harder to Sell your Home more than Joe! Contact Joe today by calling 813-701-2030 or visit https://josephlewkowicz.com/