5 Ways to Find The Right Real Estate Agent in Your Price Range
A proper North Tampa real estate agent should be like a friend; someone you can communicate with, ask questions, and most of all, trust. Working with an agent who you do not resonate with will make the home buying process long, drawn out, and difficult, because you will not want to interact with them.
It’s common sense to look for trustworthy individuals when dealing with purchases, especially one as significant as a house. However, it is also important to find a real estate agent who is proficient at selling homes in your price range.
You don’t want an agent who has only sold lavish, million-dollar homes if you live in the middle-class suburbs. Conversely, you should not trust an agent who has only sold lower-end properties with your luxurious villa. Fortunately for you, however, there are five solid methods to find a real estate agent who will handle your property with care:
1. Look at Their Portfolio: It is important to view what types of homes your potential agent has sold, where the homes were located, and how much they were purchased for. Furthermore, look at what price range the bulk of their sales were in; selling one or two homes outside their typical range doesn’t make them experts.
Make sure your prospective agent not only has a portfolio to begin with, but also has one that is thoroughly informative. Agents who have solid portfolios are generally a good choice; just make sure they fit the other criteria you are looking for.
2. What is Their Area of Expertise? Where were most of the agent’s homes sold? An agent who has sold homes in your price range may not be the best fit for you if the Tampa real estate they sell are typically vintage, waterfront homes.
A qualified agent who operates in your region is the best choice. If you have to decide between an agent in your price range and one who is in your region, look at the types of properties both have sold. There are many factors that influence price, so a $250,000 home in one location may look nothing like a home listed at the same price in another area.
3. Ask for Referrals: If you are having trouble locating someone who can help sell your home, ask around. You can consult friends, family, coworkers, or even other real estate agents about who would be the best individual for you to work with.
You should be very clear about your criteria when inquiring about a potential real estate agent. You should also ask about that agent’s reliability, personality, and ability to communicate to ensure that he or she is someone you can work with comfortably.
4. Speak to Them Directly: Once you find an agent you may be interested in, seek out their contact information and try your best to get ahold of them. A brief phone interview, or even a consultation in person will allow you to make the executive decision about whether or not you would like to work with this individual.
Asking questions about their market experience, such as what type of homes they sell and how many they have sold in your price range, will be beneficial if you are on the fence with your decision.
Even if you are mostly sure that the agent is the one you want to sell your home, it is never a bad idea to communicate with them in order to build familiarity before you begin your business relationship.
5. Research Their Reputation: As is the case with any industry where a lot of money is involved with a single product or service, there are workers in the market who aim to con and deceive customers in order to put more cash in their own pockets.
Look into whom it is you are actually dealing with. Friends and family who have recently purchased homes, as well s other agents in the area, may be able to preemptively tell you whether or not the agent has your best interests in mind.
Selling a home can be one of the most stressful experiences that you ever go through, but it doesn’t have to be. Doing all you can to find a real estate agent who specializes in your home’s price range can make things run far more smoothly and ease the burden that selling your home can place on you.
Remember, No-One Works Harder to Sell your Home more than Joe Lewkowicz! Contact Joe today by visiting https://josephlewkowicz.com/