Selling a home has the potential to be one of the most stressful, drawn-out, and demanding moments in your life. With so much to manage and keep track of, it’s no wonder that the vast majority of sellers employ the assistance of a real estate agent.
It is common sense to hire a North Tampa Realtor who has solid experience in the industry. You want someone with an extensive background in the area you are selling, and a portfolio to match. What some people overlook, however, is the importance of hiring a real estate agent who you can effectively and comfortably communicate with.
There are five important attributes you should look for in an agent before hiring them, despite how qualified they are:
1. Honesty: When choosing someone to sell your home, it is important to work with an agent who is trustworthy and transparent about what they do. The best agents are ones who genuinely care about their clients, not those who are driven by profits and commission checks.
Research information about your prospective agent, and then ask the agent themselves questions about their experience and qualifications. If their answers don’t match up with what you’ve already found out, such as their licensing information, portfolio, etc., then you may have found an agent who is misrepresenting themselves as someone more talented than they really are.
2. Punctuality: Home transactions can be notorious for taking months to complete. If your agent is always late to meetings and open houses or consistently reschedules, selling your home is going to be far more difficult and time consuming than it should be.
Your agent being punctual will illustrate that they actually care about you and selling your home enough to put their effort into being on time. If you find yourself dealing with an agent who is almost always late, consider finding another one; if they cannot even make it to meetings on time, how will they ever sell your house for as much as it is worth?
3. Accessibility: Communication is absolutely vital when it comes to working with real estate agents, especially if you are a first-time seller. You are likely to have many questions about the sale, and you want to choose an agent who can answer them.
While it is unrealistic to expect someone to be available 24/7, your agent should generally respond to you during their working hours and alleviate any concern that you may have. Like punctuality, an agent who takes the time to respond to your inquiries about aspects of the selling process is one who genuinely cares about how their clients feel.
While an agent should be accessible, this does not mean you should call them five times per day about your thoughts on the sale; contact them only when you need to, and only when it is relevant.
4. Knowledge: Your agent should know their market better than they know themselves. Real estate agents are people who you trust to sell your home, which means they must be effective salesmen. Buyers are not going to trust someone who is not completely familiar with the market they operate in.
A solid understanding of the market not only means that your agent will be capable of answering any of your questions, it also means that you have a better chance of selling your home faster and for more money.
5. Confidence: Just like it is important for your agent to be well informed about the market in which they are selling your North Tampa real estate, they should also be confident that they can sell it quickly and efficiently. An agent who gives off an aura of self-assurance will better captivate potential buyers, thus giving them a better chance of selling your home.
Confidence is also an important attribute to keep an eye out for when searching for a prospective real estate agent; if they do not think they can accomplish the task of selling your home in a timely manner, then they give you no reason to believe they can, either.
Many agents appear very similar on the surface; experienced, established, etc. However, it is personality and behavior that sets agents apart. Find one that stands out in a positive way and prioritize them over the others.
Remember, No-One Works Harder to Sell your Home more than Joe Lewkowicz! Contact Joe today by visiting https://josephlewkowicz.com/